Tuesday 14 August 2012

London Olympics 2012


Wow, what an amazing 2 weeks! I cannot believe that after the Para-Olympics it will all be over *sad face*.   

I've never really been in to the olympics, but this year i've not been able to get enough of it! I've loved every moment of it, from the amazing opening ceremony, seeing the 'Queen' jump out of a plane, to crying with joy with Jessica Ennis as she was presented her gold medal for winning the woman's heptathlon, Mo Farah winning a double olympic Gold for the men's 10,000m and 5000m. Then there was the spectacular closing ceremony, zigga zig ah anyone?


I cannot explain how PROUD I am of being a part of Great Britain. By the end of the games we came 3rd with 29 Golds, 17 Silvers and 19 Bronze, which in itself is truly spectacular! Compared to how small a country we are against the likes of USA and China, I think that's bloody good going!


Team GB are absolutely incredible for what they have achieved! I would like to say a massive thank you to each of them as they truly have put the 'Great' into Great Britain.




So, so proud!


And then there's Bolt. Well I think it's safe to say he's in a different class of his own! He seems so down to earth and such a funny guy, I like that he took time out to chat with the volunteers. What he has achieved is incredible.


I really cannot believe it's nearly over! I think the games have united the country as one again. Gave us something to be proud of. 

I really hope it inspires the youngsters of today, to be as proud as our Olympians, and that everything is achievable as long as you believe in yourself.

As much as I will be sad that it's over, it means that the football season is finally back!! I cannot wait to see my 11 men.



Emma xo


No comments:

Post a Comment