Wednesday 30 May 2012

Garnier Skin Naturals Soft Essentials Moisturiser








I recently purchased the 'Garnier Skin Naturals Soft Essentials Replenishing Day Care Moisturiser with Rose Water and Vitamin E' from my local Superdrug. After loving the 'Garnier Nutrisse Hair Colour(s)' and 'Intensive 7 days Softening Lotion(s)' so much, I thought it was about time I gave a Garnier face moisturiser a go. 

~ BIG MISTAKE! ~

This moisturiser claims to give non-stop comfort and softness to your skin, have soothing and softening properties, and hydrate and protect. My experience with this product did the exact opposite! I put it on in the morning, as part of my daily routine, and by lunch-time I noticed I had red sores on my chin, below my lips and around my nose and upper lip. Not thinking much of it, I left it until later that evening when I had a shower, I washed my face then applied the moisturiser again. Within half a hour I could feel a burning sensation around my nose, lips and chin. When looking in the mirror I noticed my skin in this area, was now glowing red. I washed my face immediately! The following morning I looked in the mirror and noticed there was now little blisters around my nose, lips, and chin. The moisturiser had burnt my skin! 

My skin became so terrible that I was unable to wear a foundation without it looking disgusting, and my skin was so dry, and hurt too much to put any brand of moisturiser on it. I cannot explain how highly disappointed I am in this product. 

I have noticed since I purchased this product that it has since been taken off the shelves and rebranded. Even so I would still wouldn't purchase this again, especially at the increased price of £5.99!

Have you tried this product? Have you had a reaction to it?


Emma x



No comments:

Post a Comment